This section includes the following:
Introducing the Designer
How to access the Designer and a description of the elements of the Designer main window.
Designing the Form
Includes the following:
See also Designer: Tips and Tricks for using MS-Word.
Introducing the Designer
The Designer is the Docomotion component that enables designing, testing, and uploading Forms.
Docomotion Designer is based on MS- Word. It provides 90% capabilities of Word, including headers and footers, styling, pagination formats, symbols etc.
Designing a Form in the Designer comprises of the following steps:
Step 1: Designing / Editing the Form – adding text and data tags.
Step 2: Testing and previewing the designed Form.
Step 3: Uploading the form to the cloud. This saves the Form in the Docomotion Cloud environment.
After uploading the Form to Docomotion, you need to publish the Form.
To access the Designer from a Form:
- In Salesforce open the Docomotion App.
- In the Forms tab select a form and click Open Designer; the Designer Opening window appears.
- After a slight pause, the Designer appears.
Describing the Designer Window
All form design, component creation, and testing activities take place in the Designer window. The Detailed Designer Window Description section describes the various Designer elements, panels, and the Designer Workspace.
The Designer window displays the following elements:
- Menu Bar / Shortcut Buttons
- Data Tags Panel
- Search Panel
Menu Bar and Shortcut Buttons ①
Use the shortcut buttons to perform the following activities:
- Undo – Undo the last action performed in the form (before saving the form).
- Redo – Reverse the undo actions.
- Quick Test Preview – Instantly create a visual or printed test preview. Test Preview output depends on the default project test preview settings.
- Save – Save all changes made to the form.
- Upload to Cloud – to upload the Form to the cloud.
Form Data Tags Panel ②
From the Form Data Tags Panel, you can:
- Delete Form Tags.
- Define Tag Properties.
When you select a tag in the Form Data Tags Panel, the associated tags are also selected in the Data Repository panel and the Form Design panel.
Data Model Tags Panel ③
This provides a visual hierarchical tag display or as a flat list displaying the target alias name and full path of a tag in a tooltip.
By default the Data Model appears in Tree view (collapsed).
If the Data Model includes Interactive tags, the Data Repository panel includes the Applicative, Interactive and Both tabs.
You can click the + /- signs to expand and collapse any level.
From the Data Model Tags panel, you can:
- Insert tags into the Form.
- Set Test Values.
Search Panel ④
- The Form Data Tags Panel
- The Data Model Tags Panel
- The Form
The Workspace is where you design your form using all design options that are available in Word.
Adding Content to the Form
Form content includes constant text that you can type or copy from another document and data tags from the Data Model on which the Form is based.
In addition, the Designer enables adding many customized entities. See the Complete Docomotion Guide for the Designer Advanced Features.
See also Designer: Tips and Tricks for Using MS Word for guidelines on editing documents in the Designer.
You can type the text or copy and paste from other Word documents.
To add constant text to the Form:
1. Click the location in the Form (located in the Workspace), where you want to type the constant content.
2. Type the desired text.
Inserting a Data Tag into the Form
All Data Tags in the Data Model are displayed in the Data Model Tags panel ③. You can insert these tags, as Data tags, into the form.
To insert a data tag into the form:
1. In the Form, click the location for placing the tag.
2. In the Data Model Tags panel, perform one of the following:
- Double-click the required data tag (text tags only).
- Right-click the required data tag and in the menu, click Insert Tag As.
3. Select the tag type according to Salesforce field type:
Validating the Form
The Validate menu enables you to validate that the Form you designed in Word conforms to options supported in Docomotion.
It checks that pictures were inserted properly (Wrap Text: In Line with Text, Behind Text, In Front of Text).
In addition it provides a list of tags that were defined in the Data Model of the Form but were not used in the Form design.
When you click Validate a message appears with the relevant information. You can click Highlight in the message window to highlight the pictures that were not inserted properly.
Testing the Form
In the Designer you can preview the Form you designed. You can send the Form to your default printer or display it on the monitor in different formats (PDF, HTML, DOCX etc.)
You can set test values for Applicative (fixed) tags. These values are not saved when the Designer is closed.
You cannot set test values for Interactive tags.
To set a data tag test value:
1. In the Data Model Tags panel, right-click the required tag and select Set Test Value;
2. Set the test value.
3. Click OK.
To generate a viewable test preview:
1. Click Form > Test Preview > View>[list of available formats]. Select the required format for the preview.
2. Click Form > Test Preview > View. You can select to use test values or generate an empty Form.
The Test Preview appears on the monitor in the format you required.
To generate a printable test preview:
Click Form > Test Preview > Print; the Test Preview is sent to your default printer.
Uploading the Form to the Cloud
When you finish designing the Form you need to upload it to the Docomotion cloud environment.
To upload the Form to the cloud:
- Click Save to Salesforce icon to upload the Form to the Docomotion cloud environment.