Each Form is created based on a Salesforce Object called the Main Object (such as Contact, Contract, Order etc.) and relations of this Object with related Objects. The Main Object is the object from which users generate the output.
When creating a new Form you can create a new Data Model or use an existing Data Mode.
To create a new Form:
1. In Salesforce>Docomotion click the Forms
2. In the Recent Forms area click New to display the New Form page.
3. In the Information area, in the Name text box enter a name for the Form.
4. If you want to use a Word template you uploaded, click the Search Icon next to Word Template to display the Lookup window with the Word templates currently uploaded to Docomotion. In the Lookup window click the template you want to use for the Form. If the template you want to use is not in the list, you need to upload the template to Docomotion (see Adding a Word Template).
5. In the Lookup window click the template you want to use for the Form.
If the template you want to use is not in the list, you need to upload the template to Docomotion (see Adding a Word Template).
6. In the Data Model area, from the Main Object dropdown list select the main Object to use for the Form. You can start typing the object name and use the automatic search to locate the object.
7. Do one of the following:
① Select an existing Data Model:
If you want to use an existing Data Model for the Form, check Use existing Data Model.
A list of available Data Models based on the Main Object you selected appears. Select the Data Model and click Save.
② Create a New Data Model: Click Save and Define Data Model. See Defining a Data Model above.
8. You can also add a description in the Description
9. Click Save to save the new Form.
Step 2: Defining a Data Model
A Data Model is a Data tag list based on Salesforce fields. Data Models enable users, in the Designer, to create forms with variable data tags that will be populated with the Salesforce fields data in runtime when generating output from the Form.
Each Data Model is created based on a Salesforce Object called the Main Object (such as Contact, Contract, Order etc.) and relations of this Object with related Objects. The Main Object is the object from which users generate the output.
Data Models can be created as standalone entities or as part of a new Form. More than one Form can be based on each Data Model.
Docomotion enables adding to a Data Model three types of Data Tags:
- Data tags derived from Salesforce fields that are fixed (cannot be changed).
- Data tags derived from Salesforce fields that are interactive and can be changed by responders to interactive forms.
- Interactive Data tags that are used to collect feedback data received from interactive forms without the need to change / update / add Salesforce data. For example, a survey that uses elements such as radio buttons, checkboxes, dropdown lists etc, to collect the end user feedback. This information is stored and analyzed in Docomotion.
To define a new Data Model:
1. In Salesforce>Docomotion click the Data Models
2. In the Data Model Home page click New.
3. In the Data Model Creation page, enter a name for the Data Model in the Data Model Name
4. From the Main Object dropdown list select the Main Object for the Data Model.
Once the Data Model is saved, you cannot change the Main Object of a Data Model.
5. When you finish entering information click Save and define Data Model. The Define Data Model page is displayed.
The green bar under Available Fields enables you to see your location in the tags tree and go back to any location.
6. Add fields from the Available Fields pane to the Selected Fields pane.
The fields you selected are removed from the Available Fields pane, added to the Selected Fields pane and added to the Data Model in a parent-child tree format.
|Select a Salesforce field as a fixed data tag|
|Select a Salesforce field as an interactive data tag. Interactive data tags are added with the notation “Interactive”|
Selecting fields from the record’s related list:
7. To remove tags: Check the fields you want to remove in the Selected Fields pane ① and click Remove all selected ② to remove the selected fields from the selection.
8. Click Save.
You can now add or remove tags.