The Signature action enables Form recipients to add to the Form a graphical signature.
The Signature interactive action collects the following information:
- Graphical signature inside the final PDF, attached to the Signature record.
- Signature record with the following information:
- Computer IP address of the submitter of the document.
- Browser information
The Upload Files interactive action enables Form recipients to add files to the Form.
When using the Link output channel, the recipient can embed images into the submitted output (PDF saved in Salesforce). This can be used, for example, for adding corporate stamps or images presented directly in the output.
☑ Step 1: Creating an Interactive Collection in Salesforce
In order to add these actions to a Form in the Designer, you need to add the interactive actions to the Interactive Collection in Salesforce.
See CUSTOMER FEEDBACK: CREATING AN INTERACTIVE COLLECTION IN SALESFORCE.
☑ Step 2: Designer: Adding Signature and Upload File Tags
Designer – Signature (Signature Pads and Mobile)
You can configure the signature area in the HTML output to open as a popup window, to support signing devices (signature pads) and signing on mobile. You can also configure the signature as mandatory, so that the Form cannot be submitted without signing.
You can add an image as a background to the signature (for example the company logo). You can embed the image or use a Salesforce tag that you added to the Data Model that includes a URL to an image. When you add a tag the image is added dynamically when the output is generated.
The Signature area includes a Reset button that clears the area.
The popup window includes in addition also the following buttons:
Save: Saves the image and closes the window.
Close: Closes the window without saving the image.
You can configure the Form to show or hide these buttons. You can also configure the buttons appearance, label and, for the Reset button on the Form, also the location.
To edit the Signature tag properties:
- In the Form Data Tags pane, right-click the Signature tag and select Properties; the Properties window is displayed.
- In the Options tab you can select to show or hide the buttons, and the text direction.
- To make the signature mandatory: Check the Mandatory to Fill box.
- For the popup window to open from the Signature area in the HTML output: Check the Popup box.
- You can add a background image to the signature using one of the following options:
- Add an embedded image: Select Embedded Image, click Choose Image and navigate to the image you want to add as background.
- Add a Salesforce tag with a URL to an image: Select Image by URL from Applicative Tag, and from the dropdown list select from the Data Model tags the tag with the image URL.
If you chose to show the buttons, the Reset Button, Save Button, and Cancel Button tabs appear.
For each button you can configure the button’s appearance and label in the popup window. For the Reset button you can also configure the button position in the Signature area.
When you finish click Save to save and close the window.
Designer – Upload Files
The Upload Files interactive action enables Form recipients to add files to the Form. These files will be stored in Salesforce in the Signature record Notes&Attachments.
You can edit the Upload File tag properties:
In the Form Data Tags pane, right-click the Upload Files tag and select Properties.
You can define the uploaded files’ type, the maximal number and size of the uploaded files and error message text in case of violations.
In the File Name text, you can also edit the textual notation to present to the Form recipient in the list of files already uploaded.
Designer – Embedded Images
(From version 12) The embedded image interactive action enables Form recipients to add images that will be displayed in the generated output (but not stored in Salesforce).
When designing the form you can design the location on the page and size of the image.
You can edit the Embedded Image tag properties:
In the Form Data Tags pane, right-click the Embed Image tag and select Properties.
In the Options tab you can define the maximal size of the embedded image and error message text in case of violations.