Customer feedback provides a bi- directional communication channel that enables companies to transform operational and transactional PDF and HTML documents into a powerful, personalized and interactive marketing channel.
Adding interactive capabilities to a Form enables recipients to participate in Customer Satisfaction questionnaires or surveys and provide information on products which might interest them that can be used for example for upselling or cross-selling.
Interactive Forms can also include the following interactive actions:
– Uploaded files
For details see Interactive Forms – Signatures and Uploading Files.
You can use Salesforce reporting capabilities to create reports and charts from this information.
In order to add Customer feedback capabilities you need to create an Interactive Collection that includes the interactive actions you want to add.
This section includes the following:
☑ Step 1: Creating an Interactive Collection in Salesforce
☑ Step 2: Adding the Collection to the Form in Salesforce
☑ Step 3: Adding Interactive actions to the Form in the Designer
☑ Step 4: Viewing Interactive responses in Salesforce
Creating Interactive Collections in Salesforce
Interactive Collections enable designing and producing advanced and dynamic feedback Forms in PDF as well as in HTML.
Interactive Collections include the following interactive actions:
Text is an input field that enables entering text data. Masking can be used with this field to insure formatting of manually entered data. Using a suitable script, the entered data can be validated on the fly in order to control a specific entry type or value only.
Interactive Text Example:
Fields to collect data such as Remarks, Email etc. You can add validation for Email Syntax : email@example.com. Through the use of a suitable script, the system can validate that the incoming value meets such email address criteria as the existence of @, dots, etc. For more information, refer to Editing Interactive Elements.
A picklist is similar to the radio button in functionality and is also used for selecting a single and specific option from with a list of options. This option ensures that users do not make mistakes such as spelling mistakes in their input. This option does not enable multiple selections.
Click to open the drop-down list and select an option from the list.
A Multi Picklist is similar to the Picklist, in functionality; however, it enables multiple selections.
Click to open the drop-down list and select an option from the list.
A checkbox is used for selecting certain options within a list of options.
A radio button is used for selecting a single and specific option from within a list of options.
A Date textbox enables adding a date by selecting from a calendar.
Click to display the calendar.
The DateTime textboxes enable adding a date by selecting from a calendar and adding the time either by selecting from a list or typing directly into the textbox.
Click to display the calendar/list.
Upload File & Signature
The Upload File button enables recipients to attach files to the Interactive Form.
The Signature button enables Form recipients to add a graphical signature to the Form.
To create an Interactive Collection
1. In Salesforce>Docomotion click the Interactive Collection tab.
2. In the Collection Center Home page click New.
3. In the Name text box enter a name for the new Collection. You can also enter a description in the Description text box.
4. You now need to add fields to the Collection:
In the Action Name text box enter the name of the Interactive action. From the Type drop-down list select the type of Interactive action you require.
Add Required choices according to the action type you selected:
- Text: no choices
- Picklist: enter choices (one per line)
- Multi Picklist: enter choices (one per line)
- Checkbox: no choices
- Radio: enter choices (one per line)
- Upload File: no choices
- Signature: no choices
- DateTime: no choices
- Date: no choices
Click to add an action; click to remove an action; click Edit to edit an action.
5. When you finish adding actions, click Save.
Your Collection will now be displayed in the Collections list.
In the Collections list you can click Edit to edit a Collection and click Del to delete a Collection.
Adding an Interactive Collection to a Form (Salesforce)
In order to add Interactive Feedback content to the output, you need to add the Collection to the Form.
To add a Collection to a Form:
1. In Salesforce>Docomotion click the Forms
2. In the Recent Forms area, click the Form Number next to the Form to which you want to add the Collection.
3. Scroll down to the Interactive Related Forms area and click New Interactive Related Form.
4. Click the Lookup icon to display the Lookup window, and select the Collection you want to add.
5. Click Save.
The Collection is now displayed in the Interactive Related Forms area of the Form.
Designer – Adding Interactive Fields
When you open the Designer, the Data Model panel Interactive tab displays the Interactive data tags available in the Form.
To add an Interactive Action tag to a Form:
1. In Salesforce open the Docomotion App.
2. In the Forms tab select the Form to which you want to add Interactive content and click Open Designer; the Designer Opening window appears.
After a slight pause, the Designer appears.
3. In the Data Model panel click the Interactive
4. In the Form, click the location for placing the tag.
5. In the Data Model Tags panel, perform one of the following options:
- Double-click the required data tag.
- Right-click the required data tag and in the menu, click Insert Tag.
The data tag appears in the selected Form location and in the Data Tag Form panel.
- When you add an Interactive Action Element to the Form, it is added with default values which you can edit.
Learn how to edit Interactive Elements or set Validation Rules.
- If you want to change the size of an interactive element in a Form, you need to change the font of the element as well as change the size of the element itself in the same way you would change a regular graphic element.
6. Insert the Submit button to the Form. This enables updating / collecting the relevant information in Salesforce with the submitted information.
View Interactive Responses (Feedback in Salesforce)
Responses to feedback Forms submitted by responders are collected in Salesforce.
The submissions are related to both Interactive Collections and Form.
Learn about generating reports.
To view the responses received for a Form:
1. In Salesforce>Docomotion click the Forms tab.
2. Click the Form Number of the Form for which you want to view responses; the page for the Form is displayed.
To view the responses received for an Interactive Collection:
1. In Salesforce>Docomotion click the Interactive Collections tab.
2. Click the Name of the Interactive Collection for which you want to view responses; the page for the Interactive Collection is displayed.
3. Scroll down to Feedbacks Received. The table displays all the responses received for this Form.
4. Click a response ID to view a specific response.