System Setting Overview
After you have successfully installed Docomotion, you need to configure Docomotion.
To access the Docomotion Configuration page:
In the App Launcher select Docomotion, and click the System Settings tab to display the Docomotion Configuration page.
☑ Step 1: Assigning Permissions
You need to assign each Docomotion user, including Salesforce Administrators, a proper permission set. The permission set determines which operations are available to the user. See Assigning Permissions.
☑ Step 2: Configuring the Generate Documents buttons
- Configuring the Generate Document Buttons (Salesforce classic and Lightning).
- Configuring Mass Generation (optional)
- Configuring Document Generation Button in Salesforce1 (Mobile) (optional).
☑ Step 3: Installing the Designer
Download and install the Designer tool. Designer is the Docomotion Windows program that enables designing, testing, and compiling Forms. See Installing the Designer.
If you plan to publish and use Interactive Forms or mass generate documents you need to authorize Docomotion to update Salesforce data. Only a user authorized to update Salesforce data can perform this step. See Authorize.
☑ Step 5: Configuring Google Drive (optional)
If you want to store the output in Google Drive you need to configure Docomotion to work with Google Drive. See Configuring Google Drive.
If you intend to use the Link Output Channel, you can change the default expiration period for the link. See Editing the link Expiration Date.
Please note that you can also configure a link expiration period for a specific Form (see Defining the Default Form Generation Settings). The expiration period of the Form overrides the system setting.
If you intend to use Mass Generation, you can change the default expiration period for the result documents stored on the Docomotion servers. The default period is 4 days. See Configuring Mass Generation.
☑ Step 8: Email Validation (optional)
If you intend to generate output to through the email output channel you can block output generation if the recipient is missing an email address. If this option is not activated users receive a message that the recipient is missing an email address and, if they choose to continue they need to select a recipient with an email address (or add an email address to this recipient).
To activate this option check the Activate box and click Save Email Block Settings.
If you have a Premier License you can enable output generators to use the Live Editor and edit the output before it is generated. These changes are not updated in Salesforce and apply only to this generated output.
To activate this option check the Activate box and click Save Live Editor Settings.
☑ Step 10: PDF Password Protection for Interactive Submission (optional)
You can configure Docomotion so that Interactive PDFs generated through the Link channel are password-protected. The password is based on the Salesforce ID of the related Signature record.
To activate this option check the Activate box and click Save PDF Protection.
☑ Step 11: Date and Time Default Formats (optional)
You can configure The Date and Time formats applied to Date and DateTime tags when added to the Form by the recipient of an Interactive Form.
- From the Date Format dropdown list, select a date format.
The following are available for the day/month formats:
- dd: date number
- dddd: day name
- MM: month number
- MMM: month short name (for example MAR, SEP)
- MMMM: month full name
2. Select a Separator for the date where needed: dot, hyphen, slash
3. From the Time Format dropdown list, select a time format:
- hh:mm:tt : AM/PM
- HH:MM : 24 hours (for example 23:15)
4. Click Save Date and Time Settings.
☑ Step 12: Send Email Customization (optional)
When generating Mail Body output, Docomtion can be configured to enable users to send the email directly and/or through the Salesforce’s Send an Email window.
- Select Send Email to display the Send Now button.
- Select Send with Salesforce to Send with Salesforce button.
- Click Save Send Email Buttons Customization.
☑ Step 13: PDF Accessibility (optional)
You can configure some accessibility options for the organization.
- Select Enable PDF Accessibility to create tagged PDFs.
Note: Tagged PDFs are not generated for additional documents or combined mass output.
- Select Repeat Table Header for the table header to be repeated on every row when reading a table.
- In the Empty Cell Replacement text box enter the text when reading empty table cells.
- Click Save PDF Accessibility Settings.