Docomotion enables generating output from multiple records. The outputs from these records can also be combined into one output.
There are several ways you can select the records for mass generation:
- List view: Manually select records from a Salesforce List view (for example as a result of searching).
Note that due to Salesforce limitations, the maximal number of records you can use is 200.
- Related Lists: Manually select records from a related list.
- Salesforce report: Automatically generate output from all the report’s records.
1. To generate output from List view and Related lists you need to configure the mass generation button. see Configuring Mass Generation.
2. To use mass generation you need to authorize Docomotion to update Salesforce data. See Authorize.
To generate output you can use Chrome, Firefox or Internet Explorer version 10 or above.
To mass generate documents:
- In Salesforce>Docomotion display the List view or Related Lists for records from which you want to generate output, and select the records you want.
2. Click Mass Generation; the Generate Documents page is displayed.
For a detailed description of the Output Generation page see Generating Output Through the Generate Documents Button.
The System Administrator can restrict the access to all or some form records and provide access permissions to specific organizational users. Users will only see forms they are authorized to access. See restricting access to forms / sharing settings.
3. Select Combine if you want to combine all the output into one document.
Note: This option does not support creating tagged PDFs.
4. Select the Output Format. If you select the Combine option, only the PDF, DOCX, and HTML output formats are available.
5. Select the Output Channel(s). If you select the Combine option, only the Download and Document output channels are available.
6. If you generate mass output in Mail Body output format, the Subject textbox in the Mail Body Subject area is empty, but if a file name is defined in the Default Generation Settings, the default file name will be displayed as the subject of the email. You can enter alternative text for the subject. This will override the default settings.
7. If the Form or record includes additional documents the Additional Documents panel is displayed. The record documents appear as a unified collection, Record Additional Documents Collection, in the Available Contents pane. If you want to include the documents in the output, drag and drop to the required location in the Included Content pane (which includes, by default, the generated Form and Form required documents).
7. Click Generate; the progress bar window is displayed enabling you to follow the progress of the process.
8. When the process finishes the progress bar displays a success message.
If you chose to download a PDF, the window includes a hyperlink to the output. Click the link to download the output.
At the end of the process you will receive a notification email.
Mass Generate from Related Lists
You can mass generate documents from related lists of the main object.
To use this option you need to add the Mass Generate button to the layout of Related Lists.
Click Mass Generate to display the mass generation page.
Mass Generate from Salesforce Reports
Docomotion enables you to automatically mass generate output from all records of a report created in Salesforce.
Click the Generate from Report tab to display the following
The left pane ① displays the hierarchical structure of reports created in Salesforce.
The right pane ② displays a list of available reports in the selected folder.
You can click on a report to display the report content.
Select the report you want to use for generating output and click Next to display the mass generation page.