As an Administrator / Designer can define various settings that are implemented when generating output from the Form.
Some settings refer to the layout and available options available to different users in the Document Generation page (including options for mass generation). Some settings configure various parameters relevant to submitting interactive Forms and some settings provide additional configuration options for specific cases.
This page describes configuration options available in the Form page. (See also Adding an Output Generation Activity).
When you select a Form for output generation, the Form and its generation settings are automatically enforced on the generator.
Default Generation Settings
As an Administrator / Designer you can define default generation settings in the Document Generation page, for a generating output, as well as enable / disable a generator’s ability to view and/or edit each setting.
You can define a Form as the default Form for an Object. The Form will appear selected in the Generation page for the Object ①. (If the Object already has a default Form, a warning message is displayed).
You can set the default output format②in the Generation page:
- Docx (not available for Interactive Forms)
You can set the default channel(s)③ in the Generation page:
- Mail: Send an email with the output as an attachment (automatically selected if you chose Mail Body Format).
- Download: Downloaded to your local workstation.
- Document: A document is created in Salesforce under Documents.
- Notes and Attachments: Added to the Object record feed.
One of the following:
- Chatter File: Added to the Chatter info.
- Files: Added to Files
You can use the record name as the default file name④ in the Generation page. This will also be used as the Subject for Mail Body format.
You can add documents that are displayed in the Additional Documents pane to the generated output ⑤
The following default settings are available:
- Use this Form as default ①: Define a default Form for a selected Main Object. The default Form will be displayed selected in the first row of Form templates.
- Asynchronous Generation②: Generate output in an asynchronous mode. This is useful when generation output from large Forms or a large amount of data. The user will be notified when the output generation is finished.
- Format – Default ③: Check to select a default format.
- Channel – Default ④: Check to select default channel(s)
- Default File Name⑤: Select the default file name from the drop-down list of available fields. When output is generated this is set to [Record] value of the selected field.
- Email Template⑥: Select the default mail template.
- Default Mail Body Subject⑦: (optional) Email subject (for Email Body output format), enter free text. If no value is added, the subject is taken from ⑤
- Additional Documents From Files⑧: Check to enable the option of adding to the generated output, documents in the Files related list of the record for which the output is generated. In this case, these documents appear in the generation screen in the Additional Documents pane replacing in the pane any files that are in the Included Additional Documents object (for the record or for the Form).
In addition, if Required Additional Documents From Files is selected, all the files in the record for which output is generated are automatically added to the output.
The following Permissions allow output generators to change the default generation settings. When checked, the generator can change
- Format – Allow Changing
- Channel – Allow Changing
- File Name – Allow Changing
- Email Template – Allow Changing
The following options are available for modifying Generation Page display:
- Hide From Selection: No generation options are available in the Generation page and a generator can only use the default Form and its generation settings (this option cannot be selected if a default Form is not defined).
- Format – Hide: The generator cannot see or change the output format.
- Channel – Hide: The generator cannot see or change the output channel.
- File name – Hide: The generator cannot see or change the file name.
- Email Template – Hide: The generator cannot see or change the email template.
- Additional Documents – Hide: The generator cannot see or change the additional documents.
Default Mass Generation Settings
- Mass Generation Combine – Default: Whether to combine the output from Mass generation into one output. See Generating Mass Output.
- Recipient – Default: Select from a list the default recipient of Mass Generation output. Mass Generation uses this field for sending email or in the Signature record.
- File Name: You can use the record name as the default file name. This name will not be displayed in the Generation page but, unless overwritten, will be used as the Subject for Mail Body format.
Link Expiration/Redirect URL After Submit
- Redirect URL: You can enter a URL to which the user will be redirected upon Submit.
- Max Link Openings: You can specify the maximum number of reloads for the output link.
- Link Expiration Period: You can set a link expiration period for the specific Form that is different from the system setting (see Editing the Link Expiration Date). The maximum link expiration period that can be defined for a specific form is 1000 hours.
Route Notes&Attachments and Chatter Output from Relation and Junction Objects
For some Salesforce objects such as Relation objects, that you cannot add Notes and Attachments or Chatter. For these objects, Docomotion enables you to select an alternative route for Notes and Attachments and Chatter.
In addition, for Junction objects, you can choose to route the generated output to the Notes&Attachements or Chatter of the object itself or to its parent objects in the master-detail relationship.
You can filter the Forms displayed in the Generation page according to a specific value of a field in the main object.
For example, if the main object is Opportunity, you can display only records where the IfPrivate checkbox is equal to Selected, or only records where the CloseDate field value is after a selected date.
If you are generating output from an Interactive Form to the Link channel, you can define the generated PDF as a protected PDF that requires a password. The password in the Salesforce ID of the related Signature record.
Date and DateTime Formats
The default formats of the Date and Time in the Date and DateTime tags dynamically added to the generated output are set by the system administrator (see Configuring Docomotion). You can edit these values for a specific Form.
The following day/month formats are available:
- dd: date number
- dddd: day name
- MM: month number
- MMM: month short name (for example MAR, SEP)
- MMMM: month full name
The following time formats are available:
- hh:mm:tt : AM/PM
- HH:MM : 24 hours (for example 23:15)
When output is generated from a Form for which external repositories are configured, the output is automatically saved to all the configured data repositories. You can configure Docomotion to save the generated output also to Salesforce.
Editing the Generation Settings
To edit generation settings:
1. In Docomotion, select the Form based on the Object in the Forms tab; the Form page is displayed.
2. Scroll to Default Generation Settings.
- To set the default channel(s): Check Default Channel; the Default Channel selection pane appears. You can now add or remove channels.
- To set the default format: Check Default Format; the Default Format selection pane appears. You can now add or remove a format.
- To set the default file name: Double-click and select the field name.
- Check /uncheck the relevant options.
3. Scroll to Default Mass Generation Settings and check /uncheck the relevant options.
4. Scroll to Link Expiration/Submit Message.
- You can enter a URL to which the user will be redirected upon Submit.
- You can specify the maximum number of reloads for the output link.
- You can set a link expiration period for the specific Form that is different from the system setting (see Editing the Link Expiration Date).
5. Scroll to Route Output Settings.
- From the Notes and Attachments dropdown list select the object to which to route Notes and Attachments.
- From the Chatter dropdown list, select the object to which to route Chatter.
Note: In some cases, you will see a disabled selection. You need to enable Feed Tracking for this object (you will see this in the tooltip when you hover over a disables selection).
6. Scroll to Filter Form.
- From the Field To Filter dropdown list, select the field by which to filter.
- From the Filter Operator dropdown list, select the operator: = equal to; != not equal to; >= larger or equal to; <= smaller or equal to; > larger than; < smaller than).
- In the Filter Value textbox enter a valid value of the filed to filter by.
7. Scroll to PDF Password Protection for Interactive Submission.
Check Password Protection to enable password protection of the PDF.
8. Scroll to Date and DateTime Form Masking.
Click Edit to edit Docomotion’s default setting for the form date and time presentations:
- From the Date Format dropdown list, select the required date format.
- From the Date Separator dropdown list, select Dot, Slash, Hyphen or None.
- From the Time Format dropdown list, select the time format.
9. Scroll to Save Options. Check Save to Salesforce if you want to save the output also to Salesforce.
This is only relevant if an external data repository is defined.
9. When you finish, click Save.
The Save button appears when you change the settings.