Using the sample Form you will experience generating a customer satisfaction survey based on Contact record in Salesforce that includes input validation.
- You, as a sales rep, will generate output from a Contact record (using the sample Form) and send it to a contact (yourself).
- You, as the Form recipient, will receive the document via email,fill it and submit. Try entering an invalid coupon to experience validation.
- The input data is automatically stored inside Salesforce.
Before You Start
Before you start you need to have the Docomotion Package installed and configured.
See Experience Docomotion – Before you Start.
Import and Activate the Sample Form
Save the sample Form on your PC.
Import the sample Form you downloaded into the Designer. For information on how to import the Form see Importing and Exporting Forms.
After importing, the Form opens in the Designer. Click Save the Form into Salesforce to save the Form.
You now need to activate the Form. See Activating a Form.
Required Salesforce Records for running this sample
Make sure one of the contacts has your personal email. You will use this contact as recipient of the output document.
Running the Sample Scenario
Generating the Output
Select a contact and click Generate Document.
In the Document Generation page:
1. Select the contact with your email.
2. Select output format: HTML
3. Select the Output Channel: Link.
4. Click Generate.
The email with the Form is sent to the contact and the Signature record is displayed.
Receiving, Filling In and Submitting the Survey
1. As the recipient, you will receive an email with a link to the form.
2. click on the link to open the HTML page.
3. Fill in the survey.
4. Try entering a coupon number that is not valid (for example 12345).
Note the error message.
5. Delete the invalid entry, enter a valid coupon number (for example ABC-123) and click Submit.
Note: You, as the Form recipient, will immediately see a PDF with your input and can save it for future use.