Table Blocking – Presenting Tables as a List
The Table Blocking feature enables you to create a horizontal list from a dynamic table.
This is useful for example for organization that wishes to display information originating from a dynamic table in a horizontal format.
The list can contain constant text and a predefined separator, as well as a last separator.
for John Brown owner of flat, for Olga Jones owner of penthouse, for Jane Katz owner of car and for Dan Cohen owner of villa.
This list contain constant text (For, owner of), a predefined separator (,) as well as a last separator (and).
After you create the Table Block you can edit the script (Hide Row, Show Row and Table Range).
To create a table block:
1. In the Form, enter the constant text for the block table.
2. Select the text (without the ENTER sign).
4. In the Table Block Name text box enter a name for the block table.
In the Regular Separator text box enter a character(s) to be used as separator.
Spaces need to be added manually. If you want a space between the entries you should add the space as part of the separator.
5. In the Last Separator text box enter a character(s) to be used as the last separator.
Separator can be composed of max. 5 characters.
6. Click OK; the Table Block is added to the Form and the Form pane.
The Table Grouping Feature enables grouping table data items according to the Salesforce record they belong to. This means presenting all data table items belonging to Record 1, then all data table items belonging to Record 2, etc.
Table Grouping supports Table Scripts (Hide/Show Row, Hide/Show Graphical Row, Row Range, Page Break) and Tag scripts (set symbol, font attributes, containers on tag values and tables). You can show /hide specific rows and also the whole table.
This is useful for example, if the number of data items is too large to fit all items in a single row of a regular table.
To add a Grouped Table to a Form:
1. In the Design panel, create a table. You can use, for example, the following elements:
– Table rows populated with table data tags from the same table.
– Row with constant text above and in between the Table rows with data tags.
3. You can now add any required table script (see Adding Table Scripts). When you finish, click OK.
The Nested Table Structure is used in various documents where a given dynamic table cell contains another dynamic table with a different structure (up to two nesting levels). You can edit Nested Tables with the same ease as with editing a single level table and maintain the ability to set different visual characteristic for each table.
In order to use the nested table feature the Data Model needs to be hierarchical, that is it should contain Children Relations of Children relations.
To add a Nested Table to a Form:
1. In the Design pane use Word to create a table and format the table according to your requirements.
2. Select the cell into which you want to add the nested table and add a new table.
3. Add data tags from the first level to the cells of the original table.
4. Add data tags from the 2nd level to the nested table.