You can define a Form as the default Form for an Object. The Form will appear selected in the Generation page for the Object ①. (If the Object already has a default Form, a warning message is displayed).
You can set the default output format②in the Generation page:
- Docx (not available for Interactive Forms)
You can set the default channel(s)③ in the Generation page:
- Mail: Send an email with the output as an attachment (automatically selected if you chose Mail Body Format).
- Download: Downloaded to your local workstation.
- Document: A document is created in Salesforce under Documents.
- Notes and Attachments: Added to the Object record feed.
One of the following:
- Chatter File: Added to the Chatter info.
- Files: Added to Files
You can use the record name as the default file name④ in the Generation page. This will also be used as the Subject for Mail Body format.
You can add documents that are displayed in the Additional Documents pane to the generated output ⑤
The following default settings are available:
- Use this Form as default ①: Define a default Form for a selected Main Object. The default Form will be displayed selected in the first row of Form templates.
- Asynchronous Generation②: Generate output in an asynchronous mode. This is useful when generation output from large Forms or a large amount of data. The user will be notified when the output generation is finished.
- Format – Default ③: Check to select a default format.
- Channel – Default ④: Check to select default channel(s)
- Default File Name⑤: Select the default file name from the drop-down list of available fields. When output is generated this is set to [Record] value of the selected field.
- Email Template⑥: Select the default mail template.
- Default Mail Body Subject⑦: (optional) Email subject (for Email Body output format), enter free text. If no value is added, the subject is taken from ⑤
- Additional Documents From Files⑧: Check to enable the option of adding to the generated output, documents in the Files related list of the record for which the output is generated. In this case, these documents appear in the generation screen in the Additional Documents pane replacing in the pane any files that are in the Included Additional Documents object (for the record or for the Form).
In addition, if Required Additional Documents From Files is selected, all the files in the record for which output is generated are automatically added to the output.