To define a new Data Model – New UI (Lightning Only):
1. If you are editing an existing data model created in the Legacy UI, the new UI is not available. Proceed according to the Legacy UI instructions.
2. If you are editing a data model created in the new UI you should see the Lightning Define Data Model button (if it is not available, make sure to add it to the Data Model object layout).
1. In Salesforce>Docomotion click the Data Models
2. In the Data Model Home page click New.
3. In the Data Model Creation page, enter a name for the Data Model in the Data Model Name
4. From the Main Object dropdown list select the Main Object for the Data Model.
Once the Data Model is saved, you cannot change the Main Object of a Data Model.
5. When you finish entering information click Save and define Data Model. The Define Data Model page is displayed.
6. Add fields from the Available Fields pane to the Selected Fields pane.
The Object Navigation Path (1) displays the path from the Main Object to the current location.
You can add fields from the main object or drill down to Lookups and Related Lists.
You can drill down up to 5 levels.
- Select fields from the Available Fields pane (2).
- To add a field as an Applicative tag, click the Applicative tab in the Selected Fields pane (3).
- To add a field as an Interactive tag, click the Interactive tab in the Selected Fields pane ( 3).
Note: Fields with the symbol cannot be added as interactive.
- Click the right-pointing arrow (4).
The fields you selected are removed from the Available Fields pane, added to the Selected Fields pane in the selected tab, and added to the Data Model in a parent-child tree format (see the View All tab).
Tip: You can add or remove multiple fields by simply selecting all the fields and then clicking the relevant arrow.