Docomotion uses a custom button in a Salesforce Object, named Generate Document, in order to generate an output from a Salesforce Object. This button retrieves all Standard and Custom fields in the Object so that they are available to merge into a Form you designed.
The Document Generation screen is Lightning Ready.
The Generate Document button also retrieves data from Related Objects: Lookup fields (1 to 1 relation) and other Related Objects in Salesforce (called in Docomotion Children), which are presented as a table in the output document.
The Object where you place your button is called the Main Object.
Salesforce end-users can click the Docomotion Generate Document custom button from a Salesforce record. This merges data from the record and the related objects into the selected Form, resulting in an output document populated with data from that specific Salesforce record and its related records.
The maximum size of an output file (including attached documents and pictures) in 6 MB for synchronous generation and 12 MB for asynchronous generation.
Adding Documents to the Generated Output
It is possible to include in the generated output additional PDF and HTML documents. The documents can be, according to the default generation settings of the Form, either from the Salesforce files added to the record or files and documents added to the Include Additional Documents object (see Using Salesforce Documents and Files in Generated Output).
You cannot include additional documents if the output format is Mail Body.
Documents can also be added to the form as Required, this means that when generating output, these documents will automatically be added to the output and cannot be removed. For example, if Sales reps must include Terms&Conditions in each quote sent from Salesforce, this document can be added as Required to the Forms of the Quote object. Documents added to records cannot be designated required.
There are several available output channels:
- Mail: Send an email with the output as an attachment (automatically selected if you chose Mail Body Format). When selecting the Mail output channel, authorized output generators can select as the body of the email an email template. The templates list displays all email templates residing in the Docomotion Emails folder.
- Download: Download the document to your local workstation
- Document: A Document Object is created in Salesforce.
- Notes and Attachments: The output is added to the Object record feed.
- File: The output is stored in Files and can be seen in the related list of the record.
- Chatter File: The output is added to the Chatter info and stored in Files.
- Link: See Link Output Channel.
- Google Drive (optional): Save the output to Google Drive. To save the output to Google Drive you need to configure Docomotion to work with Google Drive. See configuration Docomotion to Work with Google Drive.