To view and/or modify inserted tag properties:
1. In the Form (upper) Data Tags panel, right-click the data tag and from the menu select Properties.
2. Select the Text tag.
3. You can apply a text mask to the data tag, using one of the optional mask types.
- String – Format type (applied to the data tag) which can hold English textual strings only.
- Number – Format type (applied to the data tag) which can hold numbers only.
- Date – Calendar Date Format type (applied to the data tag) which can hold numbers only.
- Amount in Words – Numbers into Wording Conversion Format type (applied to the fields holding numbers only).
To apply a mask to a text the data tag:
1. Open the Type dropdown menu and select Text.
2. Set the Maximum Length – The maximum length of the default tag name displayed in the form. The default tag name is used for reviewing purposes only.
3. Select the Masking Type (when enabled) and change the masking type from “None” (default – no mask is applied) to the suitable mask type.
4. Click OK to save the changes.
The Mask option allows you to define the visual format of the data tag values.
The Mask view displays the following elements:
- Type dropdown menu – Set the Masking Type according to tag data format and specific design tasks. Masking Type provides for following forms of data:
- None – No format is applied to the tag’s data.
- Amount in Words
Note: The Sample pane displays an example of the output with the masking.