You can create the Generate Document button to add to any Object.
After creating the button you need to configure the size of the window that opens after the user clicks the button.
The recommended size depends on screen resolution. For a screen resolution of 1280X1024, it is 900 X 700.
To create a button for an Object:
1. In the Salesforce window, from the dropdown list select Docomotion, and click Setup to display the In Salesforce Setup sidebar.
2. In Salesforce Setup sidebar, in the App Setup area:
- For Salesforce objects, navigate to: Customize > [Object, i.e. Contacts] > Buttons, Links and Actions.
- For custom objects navigate to: Create > Objects > [Object, i.e. MyCustomObject] > Buttons, Links and Actions.
3. Click New Button or Link to display the New Button or Link page.
4. In the Label text box assign the button a name (Generate Document), this will be displayed on the Page Layout for the Object.
5. From the Display Type buttons select the Detail Page Button display type.
If you want to work with a Console app, from the Behavior drop-down list select: Display in existing window with sidebar.
6. From the Content Source dropdown list select URL.
7. Paste the following text into the text area:
Replace the (!Object.Id) text with the Object API Name you want to use (i.e. ‘Contact.Id’).
To find the API Name of your Object, go to Setup and search “Objects“.
In the Objects page click on your Object, you will then see your Object’s API Name.The URL should look like this:
When using the Docomotion4CPQ package replace doco__ with doco4cpq__.
Community Users URL:
Note that community users should use the following URL: