The New UI is available from Version 14
Adding the ” Generate Button ”
Out of the box, Docomotion provides a document generation button which you can add to any Salesforce object.
You can also add, to the object layout, a document generation component from which you can directly generate output.
This component can be added as one of the following container types.
Adding the Lightning Generate Document Button to the Object Layout
In order to generate documents, you need to add the Lightning Generate Document button to the Layout of the Object designated as the Main Object of the Form.
After adding to the layout, this button also supports the Salesforce Mobile app.
To add the Generate Document button to the Object Layout in Lightning:
- Open Setup>Objects Manager and select the Object to which you want to add the Lightning Generate Document button.
- In the side menu on the left and select Page Layouts.
- Click the Page Layout Name link.
- In the [Object] Layout page, select the button, and drag and drop the button to Salesforce Mobile and Lightning Experience Actions.
- Click Save.
Adding the Generate Document Component to the Object Layout
To add the Generate Document component to the Object Layout:
- Select the Object to which you want to add the Lightning Generate Document component.
- Right-click and select Edit Page.
- In the Components pane on the left under Custom-Managed, locate the documentGenerator component.
- Drag and drop the component to the required location in the object page layout.
- Select the component to display the component information.
- Select the Container Type: Small Screen or Large Screen.
- Enter the required component height.
- Click Save.